http://nakedboards.org/settings_mc-8.html

or if you have version with MIDI-port
http://nakedboards.org/settings_mc-8m.html

Best,
nakedboards
whitness_this

Re: MC-8 Online settings

Postby whitness_this » Sun May 05, 2019 4:35 pm

I'm having the same issue... When I first enter the page on Chrome its says 'MC-8 is connected', but then after changing CC numbers and clicking upload to controller it says 'Controller is not MC-8'.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!
Kolyazna
Site Admin

Postby Kolyazna » Sun May 05, 2019 9:37 pm

whitness_this wrote:I'm having the same issue... When I first enter the page on Chrome its says 'MC-8 is connected', but then after changing CC numbers and clicking upload to controller it says 'Controller is not MC-8'.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!

Hello! Please, be sure that you are using the right version of the settings. I see this to be the only reason for settings not to work correctly.
Loucub

Postby Loucub » Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:58 am

Hey there, I'm having pretty much the same issue as I received my MC-8 two days ago.

I have spent quite some time troubleshooting myself yesterday by unplugging, repluging, uninstalling and reinstalling my controller as well as browsing the nakedboards forum looking for a solution, to no avail for now.

I have had the "MC-8 is not connected" thus making the CC changes I'd like to have, ineffective.
I have also tried unplugging and replugging the controller to try and reset the detection and then I get the "controller is not MC-8" message. I have also noted that, when doing this, the general MIDI routing inside my computer seems to be confused and make any MIDI message sent either by my MC-8 or my MIDI Keyboard (Nektar Impact LX88) inactive. I then have to reboot my computer to get my Nektar Impact working again and my MC-8 to square one (MC-8 is not connected)

I work on Windows 10 with Ableton Live 11 if it can help you.

I hope you can help me resolve this issue as I'm kind of hopeless for now

Thanks in advance
Kolyazna
Site Admin

Postby Kolyazna » Wed Jul 14, 2021 2:19 pm

Loucub wrote:Hey there, I'm having pretty much the same issue as I received my MC-8 two days ago.

I have spent quite some time troubleshooting myself yesterday by unplugging, repluging, uninstalling and reinstalling my controller as well as browsing the nakedboards forum looking for a solution, to no avail for now.

I have had the "MC-8 is not connected" thus making the CC changes I'd like to have, ineffective.
I have also tried unplugging and replugging the controller to try and reset the detection and then I get the "controller is not MC-8" message. I have also noted that, when doing this, the general MIDI routing inside my computer seems to be confused and make any MIDI message sent either by my MC-8 or my MIDI Keyboard (Nektar Impact LX88) inactive. I then have to reboot my computer to get my Nektar Impact working again and my MC-8 to square one (MC-8 is not connected)

I work on Windows 10 with Ableton Live 11 if it can help you.

I hope you can help me resolve this issue as I'm kind of hopeless for now

Thanks in advance

Hi, Loucub! It is an unfortunate Windows feature - it does not allow to use a MIDI-Device in two and more programs at the same time.
So, you first must turn off all the apps that are using MC-8 or just turn it off in a program settings (eg. Ableton Live). Then you can open the online-settings.
Close online settings before using MC-8 in programs.
Loucub

Postby Loucub » Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:13 pm

Thanks for your response Kolyazna.

Unfortunately, I tried to do what you said and it doesn't change anything on my side. I'm still getting the "Controller is not MC-8" whenever I try to apply my CC changes on the settings page, Ableton Live opened or not. Even though it recognizes the controller when I first open the page.

Is there any solution left or do I have to resign myself to realize that this controller I waited 3 weeks for is never going to work how I intend it to ? :|